Today I will show you Bhutan trip 2014. This trip organize Jon Miller (The Rest of Everest). What will we see in Bhutan – The Thunder Dragon Kingdom? Look at the map. If you see distances on the map. Ok. Traffic proceeds at a slow speed, typically around 15 km/h (9.3 mph), to minimise head-on collisions.
In seven day we will see a lot of Bhutan. Here are a short overview:
– One of the ten dangerous airports of the world Paro/Bhutan; number one be Lukkla/Nepal
– Views to the high peaks (including Everest); weather permitting 😉
– Paro city sightseeing
– Paro Taktsang (“Tiger’s Nest”) ; walk up hill
– Fortress of Drugyel Dzong
– National Museum of Bhutan
– Rinpung Dzong school of monks; walk down hill
– view of the Thimphu Valley city
– Thimphu Market; Motithang Zoo; Painting School, National Library
– Memorial Chorten
– Drupthob Nunnery Temple
– Dochula pass at 3100m/10,170ft; view Mt.Gangar Punsum at 7520m/24,672ft
– Valleys of Lobesa
– Wangdue Phodrang market area
– excursion to the Gangtey (Phobjika) Gompa valley at an altitude of 2800m/9,186ft.
– Nyingmapa monastery
– Punakha which once served as a capital of Bhutan.
– Punakha Dzong remarkable fortress is built between two rivers
– Simtokha Dzong; oldest building in Bhutan; now serves as a Buddhist university.
In Bhutan I am glad to meet same of my trekking friends of EBC2009. After five years we are an “trekking team” again. tbc